It’s Very Hungry Caterpillar Day (March 20)! Here’s a quick and easy, no mess way for children to celebrate today!
- Construction paper (red green, yellow and black)
- Stapler or tape
- Glue stick or glue
- Scissors (Adult supervision required!)
- Black marker
1. Get cutting! Green sheet of construction paper: Cut out five 2 inch strips and two small ovals. Red sheet: Cut out one two inch strip. Yellow sheet: Cut out two ovals that are slightly larger than your green ovals. Black sheet: Cut out two antennae.
2. Tape or staple the green strips of paper together to form a chain.
3. Tape your red strip to the end of your chain to make the caterpillar’s head.
4. Draw a nose on the red caterpillar head using a black marker.
5. Glue time! Glue one small green oval into the center of each yellow oval to make the caterpillar’s eyes. Glue the two antennae and your two eyes onto the caterpillar’s head.
6. Caterpillar complete!