We’re turning Earth Day into Earth Week! Our blog will be filled with projects using recycled materials, science projects demonstrating pollution and more videos from our entertaining staff! Sixth in our series is a lesson on flushable wipes. Are they really flushable? Why is toilet paper so thin? What happens to wipes when they’re flushed?
Messy level: 2 (possibility of containers opening)
(5 = Super messy. 1 = Not messy at all.)
- Flushable Wipe
- Non-flushable wipe
- Toilet paper
- Three clear containers with lids
- Paper towels, napkins, writing paper, receipt paper (optional)
1. Fill each container halfway with water. Place wipes and the toilet paper in their individual containers. Close containers tightly.
2. Predict what will happen when you shake the containers
3. Vigorously shake the containers.
4. Examine the containers. What happened? What happens when you shake the containers with other paper products?