Love them or hate them, Peeps will always hold a place in just about everyone’s Easter basket. So this week we’re doing a series of three S.T.E.A.M.-based experiments involving the cute confections! Here’s our third installment in this blog series which requires data collection and some patience. What’s your Peep hypothesis?
- Soda (of your choice)
- Clear cups or jars
1. Gather three (or more) clear cups.
2. Place one marshmallow Peep in each cup. (Swimsuits optional, but fun.) Fill each glass with a different liquid. We used water, vinegar, and clear soda.
3. Now record your predictions on paper. What do you think will happen to each Peep?
4. For the next five days record what you see using drawings and/or words.
5. On day five reread your predictions and compare them to what you see.