They rocked the Mos Eisley Cantina and now they can rock your kitchen. No sewing required!
Messy level: 1
(5 = Super messy. 1 = Not messy at all.)
- Wooden spoon
- Black beads
- Light brown, black and grey felt
- E6000 adhesive and hot glue
1. Decide where you want your Bith band member’s eyes and mouth to go. Mark these spots with a pencil on your spoon. Dip your beads one at a time into some adhesive and glue them onto your spoon. Let dry completely.
2. Cut out two tiny shallow W shapes from your light brown felt. Glue those in the space in between the eyes and mouth.
3. Take a pipecleaner and wrap it around your spoon, close to the Bith player’s head, to form arms.
4. Cut out a tunic big enough to cover the “body” of your puppet. Cut a front and a back and glue them together on your puppet. Make sure to leave some of the pipecleaner arms showing.
5. Make the band member’s hands by cutting small squares out of the beige felt. Cut small slits into the felt to form fingers. Glue the hands around the exposed pipe cleaner at the end of the arms.
6. Make an instrument: Wrap a light colored pipecleaner in 4-5 inches of grey felt. Cut the pipecleaner, leaving approximately 3 inches peeking out the top of your felt. Wrap a 3 inch piece of dark pipecleaner around the grey felt. You can glue the instrument to your puppet, but this is optional.
7. Your band member is ready to get the Cantina rocking!