Miss Donna is going to read a story to us today! It’s a special story written by her son when he was only nine years old. Would you like to write your own book? Make the accordion book below and fill it with wonderful pictures and stories!
Messy level: 1
(5 = Super messy. 1 = Not messy at all.)
- White cardstock (you can use paper, but you’ll see the glue through the pages)
- 2 pieces of cardboard
- Postcards, scrapbook paper, dried flowers, stickers, etc. to decorate your book cover
1. Decide the size of your book. Once you decide, cut your two pieces of cardboard to that size. These will be your front and back book covers.
2. Cut your paper into strips the same height (or slightly smaller) than your front and back covers.
3. Accordion fold your paper strips, making sure the paper is as wide (or slightly smaller) than your front and back covers. They’ll look like paper Ws.
4. Glue your Ws together to make an longer accordion. Let dry completely. The more sections you glue together, the more pages your book will have.
5. Glue a piece of cardboard onto the first and last page of your book. Let dry.
6. Decorate your book covers. You can use stickers, dried flowers, photos, scrapbook paper, washi tape, be creative.
7. Write away!
– from the creative mind of Miss Donna