Miss Rita’s muppet puppet from PopLab (see the Making a Muppet episode here) needs a name. And we hope our Museum friends can find a good name for her. Email your child’s name ideas to email@example.com. In the meantime here’s an easy craft that helps toddlers learn how to spell their name!
Messy level: 1
(5 = Super messy. 1 = Not messy at all.)
- Pom Poms (You’ll need at least a bag depending on length of child’s name.)
- Cardstock, heavy paper or construction paper
1. Draw your child’s name in large block letters onto a sheet (or multiple sheets) of cardstock.
2. Show your child how to fill in and glue the pom poms into the letters (good to do the first letter together).
3. Let them fill in their name (or the whole page, toddlers will be toddlers.) Be sure to help the littlest ones with glue.