Mother’s Day is just around the corner and what’s better than pancakes in bed? Miss Rita has some tips and tricks on how to take those pancakes to the next level!
Want more? Be sure to tune into PoPLab every Saturday on our Facebook page!
Messy level: 1-2 (Depends on age of children.)
(5 = Super messy. 1 = Not messy at all.)
Difficulty level: 2 (Takes some practice.)
(5 = Difficult 1 = Easy)
Ingredients & Materials
- Pancake batter (make it just slightly more runny than normal)
- Squirt bottles
- Cooking spray
- Food coloring (optional)
- Frying pan
1. Mix pancake batter and fill squirt bottles. For colorful pancakes, add a couple of drops of food coloring.
2. Test out batter on a paper towel to make sure its the right consistency. It should easily come out of your bottle but not be too runny.
3. Heat frying pan over low-medium. (You may have to play around with temperature settings depending on your stove.) Spray with cooking spray.
4. Draw out your design! (We have some tips below.) Wait until you see small bubbles forming around your pancake edges and then flip.
5. Plate and serve!
What we learned
1. Take your time and go slow when drawing your design.
2. Keep the squirt bottle tip close to your pan.
3. Draw the outline of your design first and then fill in your shapes.
4. Hold the squirt bottles at an angle.
5. Don’t be too hard on yourself. It’s going to take a couple of test pancakes to get the hang of the technique. Practice makes perfect!