Our friends and neighbors at the Natural Food Store inspired us to make our own granola! (But if you can also stop at their shop if you don’t have time to make some!)
Messy level: 2
(5 = Super messy. 1 = Not messy at all.)
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 tablespoons peanut butter
- ¼ cup honey or maple syrup
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- cooking spray
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Line baking sheet and spray with cooking spray.
3. Melt the peanut butter and honey together until smooth in the microwave (or on the stovetop).
4. Stir in vanilla and salt into your peanut butter mixture.
5. Stir in oats until well combined.
6. Spread evenly on baking sheet.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly brown. Stir granola halfway through baking.
8. Remove from oven and let cool.
9. Eat your delicious granola!
P.S. You can also add nuts, seeds, cinnamon and even chocolate chips to this mixture!
P.S.S. Have a peanut allergy? Substitute peanut butter with 3 tablespoons of butter or oil and 1-2 tablespoons brown sugar.