When we’re doing our Bubblicious off-site programming at events, schools and libraries, we’re often asked for our super secret bubble recipe. Well, wait no longer because here it is! This recipe will make the biggest bubbles you can imagine! (It’s not really all that “secret,” but it does work wonders!)
- 16.9 oz empty water bottle (or equivalent container) with lid
- 1/3 cup of Dawn dish soap (it just works better for some reason)
- funnel (optional)
1. Use funnel to fill empty bottle with 1/3 glycerin.
2. Fill the rest of the bottle to the top with Dawn.
3. Replace cap and slowly rotate bottle to mix the two liquids.
We use 2-3 bottles of this solution in a kiddie pool filled with about two inches of water in order to get our giant hula hoop bubbles.