We’re counting down to our Virtual Countdown to Noon with new winter and holiday activities! Tune into our blog SPARK! for a new fun and educational blog everyday until New Year’s Eve. And don’t forget to enter our Countdown to Noon Contest. Your family could win the special privilege of being the ONLY in-person attendees at the Balloon Drop and get to release all the balloons! Raffle tickets available at: https://Countdown2020.givesmart.com
Why give Santa just any cookie when you can give him a some of the cutest cookies in the galaxy! (Goes well with a tall glass of blue milk.)
Baby Yoda Gingerbread Cookies
Messy level: 3
(5 = Super messy. 1 = Not messy at all.)
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup molasses
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Angel cookie cutter
- Butter knife
- Green food coloring
- Vanilla frosting
- Black gel icing or chocolate chips
- Gold luster dust (optional)
- Milk (optional)
- Blue food coloring (optional)
1. In a small bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon and cloves.
2. In a large bowl, blend together butter, brown sugar and egg until smooth.
3. Add molasses (careful it’s sticky!) and vanilla and blend some more.
4. Slowly add your dry ingredients into your wet ingredients. (If too sticky, add more flour.)
5. Place dough in a zip lock bag and store in the refrigerator for at least two hours.
6. Once dough is ready, preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
7. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
8. Roll dough out to a little over a quarter of an inch thick. Be sure to flour your workspace!
9. Use an angel cookie cutter to cut out cookies.
10. It’s a hard job, but somebody’s got to do it. Cut off the angels’ heads to make your Baby Yoda shape.
11. Bake cookies for 7-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
12. Time to decorate! Mix a drop of green food coloring into vanilla icing to get his skin color. Frost his face and use the black gel icing or chocolate chips to make his eyes. You can also sprinkle some gold luster dust for his robe.
12. Serve with blue milk! (optional: Mix one drop of blue food coloring into milk.)