We’re counting down to our Virtual Countdown to Noon with new winter and holiday activities! Tune into our blog SPARK! for a new fun and educational blog everyday until New Year’s Eve. And don’t forget to enter our Countdown to Noon Contest. Your family could win the special privilege of being the ONLY in-person attendees at the Balloon Drop and get to release all the balloons! Raffle tickets available at: https://Countdown2020.givesmart.com
It’s not the holidays without good ol’ Charlie Brown! This fun craft is an ode to the colorful tree lot from A Charlie Brown Christmas.
Colorful Tree Lot
Messy level: 3
(5 = Super messy. 1 = Not messy at all.)
- Paints and paint brushes
- Toilet paper tubes
1. Cut out tall triangles of all sizes from the cardstock.
2. Creativity alert! Paint your cardstock as many colors as you’d like.
3. Dip your finger tips or the back of a paint brush into the paint to dot your trees. (If trees start to curl, let dry and then place under some heavy books for a bit.)
4. While trees dry, take your toilet paper rolls and cut into rings approx. an inch high. Make two small half slits directly across from each other on the ring. You now have a tree base!
5. Slide a tree into each paper roll tree base to create your tree lot!