We’re counting down to our Virtual Countdown to Noon with new winter and holiday activities! Tune into our blog SPARK! for a new fun and educational blog everyday until New Year’s Eve. This easy-to-make Rudolph is made with a paper tube/toilet paper roll, a dose of holiday cheer and a lot of imagination! You can find a Recycled Rudolph Make & Take Kit in our Museum’s MakerSpace. Kits are free with Museum admission.
And don’t forget to enter our Countdown to Noon Contest. Your family could win the special privilege of being the ONLY in-person attendees at the Balloon Drop and get to release all the balloons! Raffle tickets available at: https://Countdown2020.givesmart.com
Egg Carton Penguin
Messy level: 1
(5 = Super messy. 1 = Not messy at all.)
- Paper tube
- Red pompom ball
- Brown or black pipe cleaners
- Black marker
- Glue or hot glue
- Hole punch (optional)
- Googly eyes or sticker eyes (optional)
1. Make two holes in the top of your paper tube.
2. Draw on eyes, mouth and any other designs.
3. Complete Rudolph’s face by adding sticker eyes (or drawing eyes) and gluing on the red pompom nose. (Remember to let the glue dry!)
4. Turn the pipe cleaners into antlers! You can shape the antlers by twister the pipe cleaners around a pencil or twisting with your fingers. Insert a pipe cleaner through each hole at the top of Rudolph and twist to secure.
5. Find a fun place for Rudolph to sit. You can even add ribbon to turn him into an ornament.