We’re counting down to our Virtual Countdown to Noon with new winter and holiday activities! Tune into our blog SPARK! for a new fun and educational blog everyday until New Year’s Eve.
Here’s how to make a snowman friend to help you measure the snowfall!
And don’t forget to enter our Countdown to Noon Contest. Your family could win the special privilege of being the ONLY in-person attendees at the Balloon Drop and get to release all the balloons! Raffle tickets available at: https://Countdown2020.givesmart.com
Snowman Measuring Stick
Messy level: 3
(5 = Super messy. 1 = Not messy at all.)
- Paint stick or wooden ruler
- Foam, felt or other decorations
- Popsicle stick (optional)
- Glue or hot glue
- Measuring tape or ruler
- Sharpie marker
1. Paint your paint stick or ruler white. (If using an ruler, it helps to slightly sand with sandpaper before painting.)
2. While paint dries, plan and cut out your snowman’s decorations. Will your snowman have a hat? Mittens? Scarf? You can also paint a popsicle stick to make your snowman’s arms. Let everything dry completely.
3. Once dry, use a Sharpie marker and another ruler or measuring tape to mark inch marks on your painted stick.
4. Decorate your snowman stick.
5. Head out into the snow to find your snowman a home and measure the snowfall!