These toddler-safe “candles” can help the littlest of the family participate in “lighting” the menorah.
Happy Hanukkah: Paper Candles Craft
- toilet paper rolls
- popsicle sticks
- cardstock, glue and glitter OR glitter paper
1. Have your little one have fun painting the paper rolls and popsicle sticks. This can be done with their fingers or a brush. Let dry.
2. Cut out flames from gold glitter paper. If none is available, you can color and cut regular cardstock or use glue and glitter.
3. Glue the flames to the ends of the popsicle sticks.
4. Place popsicle sticks into the paper rolls. If you’d like to center the flame, you can stuff the roll with paper, cotton balls or pipe cleaners. Or you can make a bottom stand out of cardstock.
5. Your candles are ready! You can set up nine to make an menorah, just make sure to shorten eight of them and add the “flames” as the days progress.